Grab HALF-ASSED for Kindle for $0.99

I am #90!

My first book, Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir is currently ranked #90 in the Kindle paid store. Woot! If you’ve been meaning to buy a copy but never got around to it, you can grab the book for only $0.99 right now. I’m not sure how long that sale will last, so you’d better hop over there right quick.

Confession: I just bought the Kindle version myself so I’d have a copy in that format :)

Special thanks to Bernie at One Mixed Bag for letting me know about this.

Michelle • June 6, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Bought!!!

MB • June 6, 2011 at 2:45 pm

If I didn’t already have a cherished autographed copy I would totally buy it for my Kindle.

JenFul • June 6, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Thanks guys! I appreciate the support.

Bernie • June 6, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Wow! Thank you so much for the shout out.
My husband is getting tired of hearing me talk about your book. *lol* I was talking about it again in the car this morning.

CJ • June 6, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I’ve been on a self-imposed Kindle diet (my credit card appreciates it) but couldn’t resist the 99 cent offer…I purchased it on Thursday and had finished it by Friday…loved it!

– CJ

MindaC • June 6, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Just bought it and got a giggle out of tweeting “Just grabbed Half-Assed..”

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy • June 6, 2011 at 7:19 pm

(embarrassing moment approaching) I have no idea what Kindle is or how to use it. I know it’s online books, that’s about all I know. I suppose I could google it, THAT I know how to do.

If it’s any consolation I have both your books in REAL book form!

JenFul • June 6, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Ooh, it’s up to 75 now! Right above the Rob Lowe book and a George R.R. Martin book I happen to be reading. Cool! Thanks everybody!

Thursday's Child • June 6, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Doh! UK version still at £9

Kim • June 6, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Done – now I have 2 versions of your hilarious book. Yay for me, but it was really worth far more than 99 cents.

JenFul • June 6, 2011 at 9:33 pm

@Thursday’s Child – Aw, sorry about the UK pricing! I don’t have any control over the prices.

Rebecca • June 7, 2011 at 8:28 am

I bought a copy yesterday and read over half the book last night.. so today I did a search to see if I could find a current blog! You are hilarious! Congrats!

Brandi • June 7, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I just wanted to “de-lurk” for a second to let you know that I have been reading your thoughtful and thought-inspiring posts for years. I followed along at PastaQueen, even going back to read the archives when I first found the blog … I felt like it was wrong to step into the middle of your story. Like opening a book in the middle and expecting to “get it”. Anyway, when you blogged about having written “Half-Assed”, i desperately wanted to read it, but for one reason or another had not done it. Until yesterday. When you posted about the Amazon sale, I jumped immediately to Kindle and bought the book. That was yesterday and I finished it this morning.

Without getting too wordy (I hope), I just had to tell you how moved I was by your book. Often, I read parts that made me crack up laughing like an idiot, lying on the floor in my living room reading on my phone (Kindle App, thank you Android). All this to tell you that today as I finished reading, I read an especially moving little bit about self-love, and I blogged about my thoughts, also posting a sort of review of your book. My blog link obviously is listed with my name, but the actual post pertaining to this can be found at the address below …

JenFul • June 7, 2011 at 1:42 pm

According to my Amazon referral stats I sold at least 76 copies of HALF-ASSED yesterday. That is awesome! Thanks so much, guys!

Robyne • June 7, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I just finished Chocolate and Vicodin and was looking to get Half-assed when I saw the download special. I jumped right on that opportunity. Loved reading Choclate and Vicodin. Hope you continue to write.
Thanks

Liz • June 7, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Bought..Love..You are fantastic! I can’t begin to tell you how many of your experiences match mine as well as your views on life in general.

Manda • June 8, 2011 at 7:26 am

When I bought my Kindle, I gave away and/or donated most of my paper books. Thanks for posting this, it was a joy to read it again. I laughed, I cried, I read it one serving, um, sitting. Honestly, I’d forgotten how much I loved it the first time around.

Trish • June 8, 2011 at 10:50 am

I am at your blog right now because of your book, Half-Assed :) Being that I am currently on my own weight loss journey, I was looking for some inspirational books to help get me through a slump and saw yours for .99 and picked it up. Got it last night and finished it this morning. In the process of twisting my sisters arm to make her buy it too (but she doesn’t have a kindle so she has to buy the real one :p). You are awesome and I can’t remember the last time I laughed at myself so much (you speak the truth with no apologies). Thank you for being you!

Merry • June 8, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Won’t I get arrested if I go around grabbing asses? Or even half-asses. This subject header could lead you into potentially litigious territory. Just sayin’.

Barbara Loots • June 13, 2011 at 8:34 am

Discovered the .99 offer on Kindle by happy accident, and devoured your book almost in one sitting. Well, yes, I was traveling by air, and did a LOT of sitting.
Thank you for showing, among other things, how UN-heroic the weight management journey really is. I’ll be joining your blog audience with admiration for your writing and your life.

MuffynTop • June 14, 2011 at 2:03 am

I just finished your book on my Kindle and immediately had to come find your blog. Love you, love the book. I’m hoping to lose nearly half of my fat ass, too, and hope to be as successful as you. You rock, chick!!! Can’t wait to go through your pastaqueen archives and I’ll be following you here, too. Now to get your other book….

Sarah Jones Mullins • June 19, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Thanks so much for offering it at .99$ I love it. I had not heard of your blog but now am a follower. I loved the book. It was very inspiring and humorous.

Crystal Spencer • June 22, 2011 at 10:02 am

I am not quite finished reading the book yet, but I am in love with it. I have been wanting to get my my butt in gear and lose the weight I have gained in the last two years. Nothing has giving me the inspiration like your book. I love it because of your honest writing style that I relate to. I never worried about food either until it started to claim territory on my body. Now, I understand myself more by learning about you. Thank you so much for your book. KEEP THEM COMMING! I am so excited to read the next one because I am a headache suffer too.

Joan D. • July 4, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Missed the 99 cent sale.. Bought full Kindle pricing &worth every additional dollar! Sending much love, look forward to more from you..

Thinking 2 Steps Ahead • July 4, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Bought the 99 cent special for my new Kindle. The book touched me in a way that few have. I appreciated that it wasn’t a how to diet book, but rather, as the title portends, a weight loss memoir. I especially appreciated the insight of the last couple of chapters. Talking about choices and consequences, and what the weight loss means to day to day living other than simply being smaller is a subject near and dear to my heart. Thanks for taking the time to write this book. It already has, and will have, significant impact on my life.

Jo Jo • October 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Reading your book corresponds with the end of my weight loss adventures (down 130 pounds) and the beginning of a new, healthy life. I know the true challenge is keeping if off for the rest of my life.

I laughed, cried, and appreciated everything you said/observed. You speak the truth.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.