Hello, Mom! I’m still alive

Gone fishing

So, you know how I was saying I’ve been working for myself for two years? Yeah, well with that comes periods of time when you’re insanely busy and all non-essential tasks start to fall by the wayside, like blogging. It’s been a crazy week because I was racing to launch Stephanie O’Dea’s new site before I left to visit friends this weekend. (Where?
Here’s a hint. And another one.)

It can be hard for me to go on vacation because I am a one-woman shop. When I leave, the store closes. Yet, I still have to check my work email at least once a day to make sure no one’s site has exploded or been invaded by space weasels or something. I had to work for 9 days straight to get everything done that I needed to get done before I left, and even then I didn’t get it all done. So, yes, freelancing has its downsides but those downsides are a lot less worse than at other jobs I’ve had.

Anyway, this post is mostly for my mom so she knows I’m still alive. Hi, Mom! There’s no need to call my brother to check my apartment to be sure a cat isn’t eating my face. Love you, bye!

Dup • July 14, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I LOVE Stephanie O’Dea’s Slow Cooking website. She has so many wonderful recipes, like the one for this week: Asian turkey–YUM! Good job making it PRETTY.
Have a great vacation in Idaho–I guessed it! Hurry back cause we’ll miss you!

Debby • July 14, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I know how much I hate it when the cat eats my face, so I’m relieved and happy to read that your face is safe. :-) Have a great time in that place you gave 2 hints about!

Sheila • July 14, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Many bloggers are vague about their travel dates as a safety precaution agains breakins. Just sayin.

Meagan • July 14, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Hope there’s as much singing and dancing there as the Broadway show implies.

Stephanie O'Dea • July 14, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I am continuously blown away at how wonderful Jennette is with her design and technical abilities.
I love her. and I love my new site.

Mom • July 15, 2011 at 10:03 am

Yes, I would have worried. Thank you for the special blog entry. Loveya!

Rick • July 18, 2011 at 12:35 pm

It’s good to check in with your Mom. ;o) I’ve worked for myself for 20 years. A one man show. Beats being a slave. Thanks for all your great reads.
Rick